Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

(From the Flora Christian, May 1, 2009 edition)


As June 6 approaches, I can’t help but think that something incredible is going to happen on our missions trip to Colegio Biblico. I think that Satan must be on full attack! First, the Drug Cartel violence in the Western part of the border area between Mexico and Texas (over 400 miles from where we will be) has been well publicized. Now, an outbreak of the latest animal flu (Swine Flu this time) is making international news. Someone asked me recently if I thought that God was trying to send us a sign about our trip. My response was, “Yes. I believe He’s telling us to ‘Go For It!’” Trust me when I say that the proper precautions are being taken to deal with these issues as we plan the trip. My new passport came in the mail last week, and I have to admit that I’m getting excited!

This Sunday (May 3), we will be having a short meeting to discuss some relevant matters related to the Missions Trip. This is especially for the people who are already signed up to go. If you have not done so, make sure you get the $25 deposit to me or to Sue Campbell as soon as possible. If you are going on the trip and cannot make the meeting, let me know so I can discuss some of the things with you privately. We will meet right after the 10:30 am service in the Chapel. The meeting will not last more than 15 minutes.

Keep praying for our Missions Trip team, as well as Jorge Mercado and the Colegio Biblico family. If God is not in this trip, it will be a failure. But if God is in it, there can be no other outcome than complete success!

No comments: